Thursday, September 27, 2012

You said WHAT?!

Our epic quest for the best low budget ballin' in and around the Burlington area is an exhausting and often perilous journey through some of the most questionable establishments in our fine city. For every entertaining and informative post I grace your computer with, there are twice as many horrible experiences that never make it out of the pages of my notebook. From something as relatively trivial as a truly terrible meal, to a "Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid" style  knife fight against a seventy-year-old man named Phong Ko in a ring of fire, you embark on your adventure never knowing where the night will take you. Sometimes I come home with charished memories, some informative tips to enrich your lives, and an interesting story to tell. Other times it's lashes across my back, a spiked dog collar, a ball gag, and repressed memories (that asshole Dr. Harowitz loves to pry). Either way, I do all of this for you, my amazing (albeit required) audience.

That being said, I think we occasionally get caught up in the seemingly endless social scene that surrounds us here in good 'ol Burly. Every once in a while it's good to take a step back and really look at the big picture. Last weekend, the return of an old friend to Burlington prompted me to do just that, and I would like to share the revelation with you. 

One of the cheapest, most consistent, side-splittingly funny, endlessly entertaining sources of fun here in the Burlington area is right in front of your face... Your friends. "What? Are you insane?" you might be asking yourself. "These fucking losers are lucky I EVER grace them with my divine presence" you may be saying aloud. While all of that may, in fact, be true, their value in the terms of pure entertainment can be immeasurable. If you are lucky enough to have someone in your intimate circle who happens to be outwardly awkward and/or socially inept, count yourself lucky my friend. Their natural unfortunate condition, like herpes, is a gift that just keeps on giving. 

His name is Nick Deez. Seeing as he has already graduated and is working a "real job" in New York City, I feel no need to protect him with a pseudonym (who graduates collage in 4 years anyway?). From the epic freshman year we spent living in Mercy Hall back in '07, he has been one of my best friends, and most consistent sources of entertainment. Although in the desperate search of newly admitted collage students for the affection of the opposite effect, his presence was rarely, if ever, helpful. Some things are just worth the loss. Every night we ventured out into the dim glow of another Burlington night began another series of events that would leave Judd Apatow's jaw on the floor in disbelief. 

I have decided to compile a short series of web comics based on the exploits of my long lost late night cohort for your enjoyment. This is dedicated to you, Nick Deez. I miss you and your drunken T-Rex arms more than you know. 

Some people are smooth, some people are not... and some people are Nick Deez. 

With Friends Like Deez... who needs enemies?








With Friends Like Deez...









No comments:

Post a Comment