Sunday, September 9, 2012

City Market's Little Secret


Hello again,

James here with another tip for your cheap thrills in Burlington.

The other day my friend told me something that I thought needed to be shared.

Apparently there is a way around the “shitty mark-ups” at City Market. Any customer is allowed to sample any product in the entire store, yes anything. This means if you feel like sampling some beef jerky, you can simply go up to a City Market associate and they are obligated to open the package and let you sample it. It sounds crazy right? Frankly I don’t know if I believe this. And here’s why: how has City Market managed to keep this so secret? Wouldn’t the floods of homeless people be taking advantage of this? Will I be obligated to buy something if I ask for a sample?

I guess these questions won’t actually be answered till I try this out for myself, but I am anxious to give it a shot. And if it works I plan on milking it for all it’s worth.

So next time any of you catamounts have the munchies, but don’t feel like using your money to buy a snack, see how many free samples you can get from City Market. I would love to know if it actually works. Maybe City Market won’t be too happy with me for spreading this well-kept secret, but I think it's something that the world ought to know. Now go and eat some free samples!

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting. I share your curiosity with regard to how this could benefit the homeless. Maybe we should tell them...

    ReplyDelete