Monday, September 3, 2012

A Happy City


Let’s start with some fun facts!

The city of Burlington, Vermont was voted:

#1 Top 10 Happiest Small Cities in America
- CBS Moneywatch.com, March 2011

#8 Top 10 Best Cities for Next Decade
-Kiplinger's, July 2010


Did you like those facts? I did.

Join us!   Five, lively college students as we navigate the streets of Burlington and encounter all of the weird, wild and enthusiastic people and events that help define Burlington as the happiest small city in America.  Whether it is enjoying local semi-aged crottina cheese at a farmers market, cliff jumping at red rocks, experiencing the offbeat vibe of Church Street or biking along Lake Champlain, we will DO IT ALL!  Be prepared for non stop riveting adventures as we track down the most affordable and fun events in Burlington and the greater Vermont area. You are going to work up a sweat just reading this blog.

And while the city of Burlington has so much to offer, it is the music scene and outdoor adventures that captures my attention.  I will hike mountains beyond mountains by day and then rage into the night….But it does not have to be an expensive experience.  I will squeeze as much fun out of Burlington, for as little money as possible.  Going into my fourth and last year of college I am determined to know every inch of Burlington and everything it has to offer.  I want to have no regrets before I pack my bags and head into the real world, a world not quite as happy as this small city.

So let’s carpe diem!  Or maybe YOLO is more your fancy.

You get the idea.  

It's going to be a great semester!

1 comment:

  1. Did you catch any of the Criterium yesterday downtown? And what the heck is a "criterium" as it relates to bicycle racing, anyway?!

    ReplyDelete