Thursday, September 20, 2012

Farmers Market

It's almost the weekend!! yeeehawww. That means you're probably starting to contemplate what kinds of things await you for those precious days off.

One of my favorite Saturday afternoon activities is the farmers market at City Hall Park. It is a one of a kind place that captures the earthy/hippie essence of this beautiful city. You can buy all sorts of dank local foods and goods from some super down to earth people. And you can't forget the endless free samples you'll find! I never plan on buying anything when I go there, but when there's such an epic display of amazing local foods, it's hard to resist. Besides, doesn't it feel great to support local businesses?

Apart from what you can buy there, the farmers market is awesome because it's a scene unlike any other. It's where the people of Burlington get together and enjoy themselves. You can almost always capture an interesting performance, or some other spectacle that would only happen in Burlington. I also love all the great dogs that people bring with them. Every time I go, I look around and realize why I love this city.

So if you're looking for something to do with your Saturday, why not check out the farmers market? Just head down to city hall park between 8:30 and 2:00, lay in the grass, relax, and see what Burlington is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment